Thursday, October 6, 2005

You Get What You Need

October 6th, 2005
Ok. We've reached an understanding.
I deleted most of the bird's blogs on here. He scratched my keyboard up.

Yes, there was a bird blogging on my computer. A raven. He won't tell me his name. He just broke my sculpture of the Disney Castle and kept saying "Nevermore." So I've decided to call him Nevermore. I think he got confused about that old poem, thinking the bird lands on a palace instead of a bust of Pallas. But Hal didn't have any busts of Athena, so there went that reenactment. I ultimately don't care why he broke my figure, I'm just pissed.
I tried locking him outside, once. I put a "return to sender" sticker on his head while he was sleeping and set him on the patio. I had to let him back in because he was threatening to wake up the neighbors. Sometimes he sounds like that bird from Aladdin.

Anyway, I can't send him away. He says he was sent here by my dad. The dead one. Well, the dead one I tried to cut open. He had a little note stuck on his leg.
"Laurel,
Don't try to kill him. That might be harder than it sounds, sometimes. Like I said, he's mouthy and he'll be in your face all the time. I have a feeling that, over time, this will come to be a good thing.
The gun is for you, too. It is very difficult to damage. It will not jam, and you need never reload it. Insight and ammunition are two things Sibyl will never lack. You're a clever girl, and I know you've had some experience with weapons. I'd be surprised if you hadn't noticed it looks nothing like normal guns. It is not metal. It was constructed from one of the columns of the Oracle at Delphi. Take care of it, and the bird. They will take care of you."

No, "love, Dad." No explanation of what use I would have for either. Just that I would eventually be glad I had them both.
And not to kill the bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment