Thursday, April 10, 2003

Somewhat Damaged

April 10th, 2003
Doctor Thrace thinks this will help.

I've been having nightmares. Still. It's been months, but every time I sleep it's the same...
I hear the door splinter and give. I hear shouts in languages I don't even recognize. Then those men line the kids up against the kitchen window.
There are gunshots and screams and that sick pounding and more gunshots and the strike of a match and the crackling and cracking and then, finally, whimpering. The last is me, I think.
I'm staring at the wall and everything, everywhere hurts. I think some of this blood is mine.



Shit, I can't do this.

"Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore
Too fucked up to care anymore
Poisoned to my rotten core
Too fucked up to care anymore..."
Nine Inch Nails, Somewhat Damaged

No comments:

Post a Comment