Friday, August 1, 2003

Good News, Bad News

August 1st, 2003
Ho-ly shit. I got in. The admissions committee decided to make an exception for me, based on the passion of my arguments and the display of academic fervor prior to my mother's death. Classes start in twenty two days. That's the good news, and the bad news. I can't quit work just to focus on school, because I don't think there's enough money in my mom's insurance fund to cover all of the tuition. I think I can get done in less than the traditional seven years, though. That will save me a little. They're working me a little harder at the hospital; Cecilia (the boss lady) is convinced I'm equipped to handle the added stress. I think she's a sadist.
At least I haven't gotten back into the habit of needing to sleep, that will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment