Sunday, January 23, 2011

Might As Well Jump?

January 23rd, 2011
I'm not letting them go anywhere alone anymore. Not unless we've got some sort of communication system in place, anyway.
Last night, Nate and Gunnar went to a hotel that was scheduled to be demolished. I was going to be the distraction so that they could get past the security. What was the worst that could happen, right?
Well, apparently the worst was some shinobi showing off and expediting the already short countdown to demolition, causing Nate and Gunnar to jump out of an exploding building. They're lucky they didn't break anything.
So I put on my "distracting" shoes and dropped them off. And then I waited. And waited.
And the building exploded. The demolition that was supposed to happen months from now happened last night, with Nate and Gunnar inside. I literally can't leave them alone for ten minutes.
Even when I stick with them I often end up having to take at least one, if not both of them, to the hospital. I worry that if we part ways for too long, I might have to bury one of them.
I don't like that idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment