Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Kids Are Alright

January 20th, 2011
I officially met the two other kids like me on guard duty. Well, kinda like me. Maybe a little less damaged and better adjusted.
Deputy Pritchert is... well, he's kind of a dork. But he is good at his job, and he's a respectable and tough dork. He's passionate about his work and helping people, which I admire. He's also been willing to look the other way when we three have had to do any breaking and entering, which I can also admire.
Gunnar is... impressive is a good word for him. The man can drink, he can fight, has an axe the size of me, and I get the impression he's very strong. Like there's a whole lot of muscle under that trench.
The fact that he hefts a footlocker like I hold a purse lends itself well to this theory. He gives me looks, but most guys (and some girls) do, and he's not grabby. Plus he's let me crash at his room, which has been convenient.
They make me feel safer than I did wandering the Strip by myself and knowing what's actually going on in this town with all the gods, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment