Monday, March 28, 2011

Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert

We turned our backs and walked out of the... whatever it was. As we were walking, Gunnar found out from Pondscum that Pan was building an army. Had been for seventy years. An army, more or less on Earth. Of Titanspawn.

Those words were enough for me. The chills ran up my spine and I dropped to my knees in the sand, spouting off a prayer to my dad. "Radiant Apollo, yadda yadda... I'm sorry, I know I said I want to do my own thing and not run to Daddy when shit gets rough but this is way... out... of my league. Dad, it's Pan. He's using Horace to muster an army of Titanspawn out here in the desert and we can't break him out or shut Pan down. I know you're busy, but this was the only thing I could think of..." I ran out of shit to say, which I guess is good. I know now Dad's busy so I try to keep that stuff brief.
I had to jog a little to catch up with the guys, and we walked... and walked... and walked... and made it out of the desert. Back into the hotel, which was empty... and burned... and half exploded.
I am no longer packing clothes for any excursion. Every time I do, it just explodes or falls into some viking underworld. I had some dresses in there that I really liked, too. And I lost all of my makeup and contacts back in Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment