Friday, April 8, 2011

Hoodoo

Anyway, back to the subject at hand.
Jack said he punched the cop because the guy was about to arrest him. Jack is also as inconspicuous as a neon pink feather boa, and no good at talking his way out of being arrested.
Camila was inside the cemetery, failing to do anything close to investigation and I had my phone ready to send a message to Gunnar: "Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a P.I. Um, seriously, we have no idea what we're doing and Jack-ass punched a cop. Help, please? :)"
Then Nate remembered how to be awesome.
Message saved to drafts. It's bound to happen again.

Those things that bit people were (drumroll)... zombies.
No, no one was really surprised. Caleb had been in the graveyard. That wasn't surprising either. Caleb'd done something with one of Marie Laveau's femurs.
Oh, turns out Gunnar planned on summoning her spirit later that night to find more info about this key thing. And she was a guide for Marie Glapion.
Yeah, the one I killed.
They were related. Oops.
So, I opted not the be there for that.

Anyway, there was a hole in the ground where Caleb had stabbed it. There were claw marks on some headstones where the zombies had risen. They had shambled over to Laveau's tomb before heading out of the cemetery. I'm still not clear exactly what Laveau had to do with it, maybe Caleb was rummaging around looking for the other half of the key?
The key, by the way, is something I had entirely missed on account of the fact that I was busy being suffocated by dirt-water. The whole reason Caleb was in Jackson Park, pulping bodies, was to summon Odette and her twin to ask them how to find that uber-evil sphere I saw in that vision.
Maybe she was connected to the people he raised, or maybe those zombies just shuffled over for some watercooler talk and to receive their orders. Either way Caleb (I don't know if he really did it, but I haven't got anyone else to blame) raised the plague and that is not fucking OK. Neither is the whole zombie thing, and while I don't understand what he wants with it quite yet, I'm not comfortable with the thought of him having that orb. I'm gonna make a blanket statement and just say that nothing Caleb is doing is OK.

Anyway, after the rest of the Band talked to Laveau (Nevermore and I both made ourselves scarce) we got an idea. Nate decided to use some spell to find the ring (turns out the ring some old black guy in a swamp had was the other half of this key thing), but he had to hold Gunnar's axe to cast it.
It looks better on Gunnar. Nate is more of a sword type of guy, katanas or kopesh.

We got to use Nate like a compass after that, which was kinda funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment