Thursday, April 14, 2011

Something Better

"Crooked wheels keep turning
Children are you learning?
Acclimatize but don't you lose the plot
A history of blisters
Your brothers and your sisters
Somewhere in the pages you forgot...

And your sky is full of dreams
But you don't know how to fly
I don't have a simple answer
But I know that I could answer
With something better."
The Killers, This Is Your Life

Gunnar beat me to saying it, but it turns out we've been thinking the same damn thing since Ireland. I haven't gotten the chance to get all of the details yet. Planes aren't great for private conversations. And neither of us trusts Sly enough to even talk about a grocery list in front of him.
Anyway, he says nobody's got their heads on straight.

It's a hell of a lot nicer than what I've been thinking.

Maybe I'm just being a stupid kid, naive to the necessities of this long game, and fuck it, I'm ok with that. I'm just sure we could do better, and I've been sure of it for a while now. I know it won't be easy, or simple, but at least it would be honest. Being honest has never been simple, or easy, or even popular.
So it's probably a good thing Gunnar and I have never really been the types who worry about being popular above being honest.
It runs in the family.

Anyway, Gunnar's right. It's not that hard to tell the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment