Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Und die Sonne scheint....

"Blut gerinnt auf dem Asphalt (blood dries on the asphalt)...
und die Sonne scheint (and the sun is shining)."
Rammstein, Rammstein

I'm not sure what it looked like, when I stepped out of the house.
I felt scary, I felt pissed, I felt strong and I felt... sorry that Gunnar was stuck dancing, while we got to do the fighting. The adrenaline rush felt good. Maybe I'm not as good at being un-vengeful as I thought.
Anyway.
I found what I was looking for. Something tall, covered in boils. I didn't know what it was, and I didn't really care, beyond wondering whether it would bleed (I didn't really even care whether it would bleed real blood).
Nate and the others were already up in its face and didn't look like they'd taken any damage. Good.
I remember sneering, soundlessly and just... wanting it to look at me. Just it, though. Just the creature. I could stand for the others not to start staring at me in my underwear.
And it did. Made it a lot easier to hit. I didn't even have to fire a shot. Jack landed the final blow, and the... thing turned to pus and dust all at once. The dust was poisonous, and Nate got a little wounded from that. Nevermore got a little hurt too, but he's smart enough to fly himself out of trouble.
I was running back to grab my jacket. It's not a long jacket, just comes down to my thighs, but it worked until I could stop back by the hotel and re-clothe myself.
After that, we headed back to the funeral with Odette's headless body. On the way I got the skinny from Nate about some thing called a Jinkininki which I'm pretty sure is a) bad and b) bloodthirsty. Apparently it took Odette's head from the pus-troll (which Brendan mentioned was a Fomorian).
I was hoping that the arrival of another corpse wasn't going to crash the party, but something else was already up. People were rushing out of where the fete had been setup, some looking pretty green. The food we'd arranged in there looked... awful. But that was impossible, I'd watched Jack and Odette cook it fresh. Something else was up. More than that, when they'd gone to put Brigitte in the crypt they were greeted by a swarm of flies. The final straw for the Baron was when I presented him, timidly, with Odette's body.
He just said that some other shit was up and that he had to go. And then he was gone. The whole day turned out nothing like it was supposed to. Flies in a sealed tomb, maggots in fresh food, murder...
And still, the sun shines.

No comments:

Post a Comment