Thursday, April 21, 2011

Suburban Myth

Oh my gods, Hercules is in my house. Drinking all of my beer.
He just kinda gave up on fixing anything.
I want to be annoyed, I really do, considering the um... improvised installation of the new skylight in all three stories. But it's nice knowing there's a god here, with all of the kids.
Plus, he's just this big, lovable mountain of a guy. Gave me the hugest hug when I met him for the first time. It's hard to be upset at him, even if he just stopped in the middle of the work.

Why does my house need fixing? Well, for starters, see "skylight," above. I dunno if he just jumped off of Olympus, or what, but Hercules fell through my roof. My dad was nice enough to use the front door, at least. Though, by the time he got there Ixion had already torn it off of the hinges. His mecha-wolves broke most of the windows on the first floor and there's blood everywhere.
Gair almost died, Susan tells me. Wolf almost died. Gunter almost died. Alex Vance showed up on the porch, his mother and his brother and his bear are dead and Hercules is quitting Olympus.
I told him there was always room at the inn for him. So Hercules is staying at my house.
Hercules is staying at my house.
Hercules is staying at my house.
Nope, see, it's still weird even when you repeat it a bunch of times.

And some woman named Ciara has been sleeping in her car in my driveway, which normally would be odd but in this sort of homecoming just kinda warranted a shrug.
The kids said she was on their side, so she was alright in my book.
Then she said she was a Scion of The Morrigan. I guess she's here to make sure we deal with the Eye.

Fuck that noise, The Morrigan didn't ask. I'm going to take care of the people who've asked first, and Gunnar asked. The Eye can wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment